Phantom Reverse #6 Phantom Reverse #6

The story, art, sound are decent but this really isn't a game. Having to click the inventory and 'option' buttons just for the sake of adding interaction only slows it down and gets tedious very quickly, the player has no control over what item to use or how/when to use it. This would have worked much better as a straightforward picture book with forward/back as the only options, or even a slideshow requiring no input from the reader.

I don't know whether you've set some sort of limit on the rate of clicking through pages, or if the transitions slow it down or block input temporarily, but it adds to the frustration when I have to click repeatedly to progress, not knowing when it will eventually register. When some of the text boxes are only 1 or 2 words, and there are an awful lot of text boxes to get through, it becomes a real struggle.

Sorry if the above seems negative - there were a lot of good elements to what you've produced, but I really think your choice of presentation is hindering rather than enhancing them. You're telling a very linear story so it doesn't need more things bolting on just for the sake of it.

Hope your next series goes well :)

JackAstral responds:

It's a visual novel. And thanks !

Lojfrien Last Stand (Demo) Lojfrien Last Stand (Demo)

Using mouse right click doesn't work, it just brings up the context menu. The game looks like it might have an interesting concept but currently is impossible to play for me

JChiu responds:

Just like to inform you that I have somehow solved that problem.

Quest of Coins Quest of Coins

You need to show what the controls are. The first time I played. I figured out it was A, D, and space with 1 second remaining, so that was wasted time :P

Otherwise, there are some minor problems with collisions and programming (the game seems to reload for every new play) but a good start. I quite like the simple graphics!

OrangeTV responds:

I making sequel of this game. i must more learn about flash :D

Enter the Dungeon, Grab the Treasure and Beware the Dangers Enter the Dungeon, Grab the Treasure and Beware the Dangers

It's pretty cool and simple, design is good, the only serious issue is that it regularly hangs for a moment - like every couple of seconds, all movement and sound stops briefly then continues. Even on the lowest quality setting this was happening and I have a decent gaming machine which should have no trouble with a game like this, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Other than that it would be nice to have a bit more variety in the content, but I'm only a few levels in and it's still pretty interesting to play.

Gogo gets the Glow Gogo gets the Glow

Style was good and story/concept interesting. Gameplay a bit lacking, it seemed to be just walking backwards and forwards until the player stumbles across the trigger for the next story element. The cutscenes went on a bit too long, a lot of the speech could have been condensed without sacrificing mood or exposition. Movement was kind of awkward - as far as I could tell, the only option was mouse clicking in the direction you want to go, which meant multiple clicks to travel the length of the scene, which you then have to do multiple times in each scene - coupled with the cutscenes it made for a whole lot of clicking but not much meaningful interaction.

Unfortunately the game crashed after I inspected the messy table (a message popped up saying exception handling is disabled in this build) don't know if it's an error in your code or a WebGL glitch. It was a shame anyway as everything seemed stable up until then, just a few collision issues e.g. Gogo humping Luschek in the first scene if you click to move past him :P overall good effort from what I saw and hopefully you have some things to consider for the next build.

MLG TD MLG TD

It's okay, fairly standard tower defense. If you go on to make another I'd suggest indicating where the enemies enter and travel, it wasn't obvious that they would appear in the top left and follow the grey line. Tower options were good though, previewing the range when placing was helpful, descriptions were appropriate. Lack of replay button or anything interesting to mark the end of the game was a pity, were you just not expecting anyone to play that long? :P but seriously good tester and/or basis for a more developed game if that's your plan.

UKRAINE CRISIS: THE DONBASS WAR UKRAINE CRISIS: THE DONBASS WAR

This seemed like an interesting game to begin with, but progress was frustratingly slow and it seemed like some options (cards?) were unavailable e.g. the only way to get more reserves was using the exchange to gain 1 instead of the normal resources? I played through once to eventually lose on turn eighty-something, don't think I'll play again in the current version.

africacrossgames responds:

Hi CaptainSmug:

If you want to make a new version that is more to your liking, try using the game editor available at www.asymgames.com. You can make your own map, modify cards and create your own decks.

Thanks for your feedback.

8 Square 8 Square

Good simple concept, but to me it seems the difficulty increases way too fast with little motivation to keep playing. Maybe it's different for someone playing on a touch screen (I'm using a regular computer mouse)

Bastienre4 responds:

We will adjust the start acceleration in the next update. Thanks for the comment ;)

SAMURAI vs. NINJAS SAMURAI vs. NINJAS

Pretty fun and I like the way you timed the waves with lulls in the music, although it did mean a lot of waiting with nothing to do in the long quiet stretches.
There's a long recovery time after executing an attack which makes the third stage perhaps too difficult, if you make one mistake it's difficult to get back into the rhythm so the problem is quickly compounded.
Also you have a visual cue for when the samurai takes damage, but nothing to show overall damage until he suddenly drops dead, a health bar would be nice.
For 4 days work though, this is impressive, I'd like to see it taken further!

Naserano responds:

Thank you for your kind critique, Captain. I'm seriously thinking of taking it further.

Abstract Dungeon Abstract Dungeon

I like it :) but unfortunately the randomness means a level might be unplayable - when I hit floor 2, there was a quest requiring 2 gems which blocked the exit because there were no gems in the room... the shuffle option will get you out but it's a nuisance having to use it through no fault of the player. Still a fun game though.